Learn how to make charred salsa or the traditional Mexican “salsa tatemada” with red and orange bell peppers.
For making this delicious salsa, instead of tomatoes, you will use bell peppers. This recipe is a practical tomato alternative for proper food combining. Add it atop your favorite dishes, proteins, and tacos, or serve it as a snack with tortilla chips!
- 2 Red Peppers
- 2 Orange Peppers
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1/4 Onion
- 3 Serranos or Jalapeños pepper
- 1 Handful of fresh coriander
- Salt to taste
INSTRUCTIONS AND NOTES:
- Place the red and orange peppers, garlic cloves, onion, and jalapeño peppers in a hot frying pan until they roast. The vegetables should be wrinkled, blistered, and slightly brown.
- Put the ingredients into a blender or food processor. Add the fresh coriander too and mix until you have a chunky salsa.
- Serve immediately or let refrigerate overnight for a more mellow flavor.